We are a Home of Many Ministries
All Ministries under ICA connect in serving the overal strategy embedded in our vision
The Onesimus Ministry exits to mitigate the plight of the hundreds of children that are constantly flushed on the streets due to various reasons.
Some get on the streets due to irresponsible parents and guardians who abuse drugs, alcohol and the very same children. Others get on to the street because of the poverty that is prevalent in the country. Yet, others end up being on the street because they become orphans from deceased parents of AIDS.
Onesimus Drop-In Center
Onesimus Drop-in-center is a place for Children on the Street. Here workers and volunteers develop relationships with the children and at the same time build an understanding of their reasons for being on the street.
The center also facilitates the initial counseling and a provision of teaching for transformation. Finally, the center is to facilitate administrative functions such as referrals to the Onesimus Homes and other interventions and organizations.
HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC)
HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC): ICA provides HTC daily at the Sheaffer Hall and at two outreach centers of Mpingu (Thursday) and Mtsiriza (Friday). The static HTC site at the Sheaffer Center has an ingenious Pastoral Care and Counseling, lending incredible.
The HTC Pastoral Care and Counseling, which in essence is the community health section of the Sunrise Health Ministries conducts the following activities:
Distribution of IEC Material
Distribution of IEC material is a key emphasis of the Sunrise Health process. Currently, this includes a Radio program through the Channel for All Nations (CAN) Radio with emphasis on the following:
Antiretroviral (ART), psychosocial support to those that have HIV with personal testimonies of those that tested HIV positive.
• As of now, the Sunrise Health seeks for partnership from well-wishers to embark on sensitization campaigns within Primary and Secondary Schools within T/A Malili.
HIV-Related Training Processes
Sunrise Health has successfully invested in continued community education emphasizing various aspects of HIV/AIDS, Living positively and issues of Village banking and lending.
The organization need to conduct the following forms of training:
- Consistent training in behavior change
- Members desperately need additional training in how to run small scale businesses. Additionally, we must have funding to provide loans to be accessed by members
- The leaders of the CBOs desperately need training psychosocial skills. They in turn pass the knowledge and information to the rest of the groups.
- The HTC conducted at the Sheaffer has a Pastoral Counseling and care component. However, the Pastors need training in basic counseling skills.
Comments are closed.